Re: [Savannah-users] Issue: Savannah Certifed by an Unknown Authority

From: Stephan Peijnik
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Issue: Savannah Certifed by an Unknown Authority
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:25:18 +0200

Hello Jose,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:21:26PM -0700, Jose R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Whenever I attempt to login, I am presented with the following
> message:
>
> Unable to verify the identity of savannah.gnu.org as a trusted site.

This is because we are using self-signed certificates at Savannah.

> Although it is likely that the problem will go away if I accept the
> certificate permanently, I needed to know if in effect the problem is
> on my side.

The problem is on both sides. Your browser doesn't have our CA certificate
installed
and thus does not recognize the site as being trusted. On the other hand our CA
certificate does not ship with browsers, so there is always a need to install
it.

More information on SSL certificates used at Savannah can be found at
http://savannah.gnu.org/tls, where you can also download our CA certificate.

I hope this helps, if there are any further questions from your side feel free
to reply.

Regards,

Stephan