RE: [Savannah-users] Probably newbie's questions... Build mynewproject

From: Peleg Michaeli
Subject: RE: [Savannah-users] Probably newbie's questions... Build mynewproject
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:29:41 -0000

Hehe... I didn't took your mail as offensive :-)

Anyway - if a first stone should be thrown, maybe it should be thrown at me
- I am in the middle of a change, though - in a month or two I'll have
UBUNTU on a new computer; for now I am using a computer which is not mine,
an old laptop with XP/MSOFFICE etc.

The software that I develop, anyway, is about to run on Apache servers (that
usually run on Linux) hence it is good for Savannah, I think.

Anyway, I think that my "view" on what is Free Software is not different
than yours; I'm just still young in this specific area (but as I said, I'm
into it).

So: I guess that in the meanwhile I will grab some "CVS for windows"
software...

About "giant's sponsorship": I think that being sponsored by giants IS
against "freedom as in free speech", and Google is a good example: Google's
software is not "free as in free speech" (but the opposite...), but only
"free as in free beer".

So: just like you would feel strange to see Microsoft's banner on a page of
FSF, so I feel when I see Google's logo there (or Nokia or Intel). Yes, in
some aspects Google is a "nicer" giant, but in other aspects, it is much
more dangerous to FREEDOM, the exact freedom you were talking about.

Cheers,
Peleg.