Re: [Savannah-users] Please remove mailing lists

From: David Englund
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:32:59 -0400

   dbe> The mailing lists I want removed is:
Thank you for your help Karl.

  All of them were already disabled as of last July except for sovix-help,
which I just disabled now.  So there is/has been no mail delivery to
them.  I cannot say why you are getting "dozens of spams" for them.  You
aren't even subscribed to the ones I checked.

I recived a spam to address@hidden yesterday. How is that possible if that
mailing list are disabled?

  Maybe they're forged?

What does "forged" mean? My english is to bad.

  Unless the lists never received any real mail at all, it's best not to
remove archives.  Do you know if that's the case?

They have recived mail but only spam to my knowledge. Can you please remove
them?

generic_nonmember_action=hold is the way to go.  All the other
alternatives are worse.  (accept accepts spam, reject creates
backscatter, discard silently throws away good mail.)

Where should I put generic_nonmember_action=hold excactly? At
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/bug-sovix for bug-sovix for example or what?
If so, where?