Re: [Savannah-users] deleting old (bzr) branches

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] deleting old (bzr) branches
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 00:55:10 -0400

> Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 10:58:40 +0930
> From: Karl Goetz <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Sorry for asking the obvious, but did you try "bzr rmbranch"?
>
> No problem. I hadn't tried that, but with good reason: its not in the
> version of bzr i normally use. I've tried a checkout of trunk, and it
> appears to have that functionality.

This command was added to Bazaar in version 2.2.0 (the current stable
release is 2.3.1).

> I've tried deleting a few branches (eg deploy-standard-server/), but
> they are still listed at [1]. does this take a while to refresh?

Looks like that (or maybe there's some bug or a need for cleanup on
Savannah).

Note that this branch no longer shows with its last revision, like
live branches do.  Also the "bzr branches" command (available as part
of the bzrtools plugin) does not show this branch in the list it
produces.  So I think the deletion did work, for all practical
purposes.