[Savannah-users] license needed to use the AVRdude package for productio

From: Tom Hua
Subject: [Savannah-users] license needed to use the AVRdude package for production?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:06:34 +0000

Hello,

My name is Tom Hua, the Firmware Engineer at DigitalPersona Inc., Redwood City, California.

We are interested in using the AVRdude application and its support files to program our device in our profitable production environment. We need to know if we need to purchase license(s) needed to use the AVRdude package for this purpose.  Using the Atmel AVRISP mkII programmer, we intend to use the AVRdude.exe application software and its supported files (DLL, configuration, etc.) as is, without altering any of its source code. Please let us know what is the procedure to obtain the license. How do we get the agreement/letter in writing whether obtaining the license is needed or not.

Thank you.

Tom Hua

Firmware Engineer

650-474-4114