Re: [Savannah-users] New user

From: Fabio Gonzalez
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] New user
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 11:50:50 -0300

I think a password with numbers and letters a certain amount of
characters and case is sufficient. I think not a bad idea to invent a
new password (more secure). Perhaps the longer passwords on this site
means that it cares more about the safety of users, considering all
the people. For example a 22-letter password can be obtained in a
maximum of 113379904 attempts. If you know the password starts with A,
eliminates many possibilities and password can be obtained in just
5153632. With a computer, for example, a 2.5 GHz processor, and an
optimized algorithm can be obtained quickly, so the password is
vulnerable for those with the MD5 (or some other hash).
In other words if you do not use a password secure enough, it can be
quite accessible to:
People with physical access to the server
People with access to the MD5 (or other hash)
People able to legally request the password