Re: [Savannah-users] How to set up a new project

From: Luiji Maryo
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] How to set up a new project
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 18:00:40 -0500

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
    Last time I checked, CVS is the only way to manage a web page.

That's correct.

    There's probably some actual benefit to it that

There is no explicit "benefit"; CVS was the only distributed version
control system around when savannah was set up.

Supporting other vc's is on the list, but requires a lot of work from
both savannah volunteers and FSF sysadmins, both of whom have
approximately zero time for such large projects that touch many areas of
the infrastructure, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Oh, I didn't know Savannah was around that long.

    As for the Downloads area, that requires you to use rsync

No, as mentioned by another respondent and on
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/DownloadArea, scp and sftp should
also work.

You are the second person to clarify that for me now. As I said to the previous person, that's really awesome and I'm glad that I was wrong (paraphrasing). =)

Best,
Karl

--
- Luiji Maryo