Re: [Savannah-users] Delete Post

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Delete Post
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:45:15 -0600

Hello Monica,

Monica Pleva wrote:
> Can you please delete my post - I have since found the solution and
> do not want it online anymore.

Generally I always advise people that the network has no delete and
anything that is posted is always posted.  Just as a practical matter.
Because there are so many different email archives out on the network.
Even if you can get one archive to delete a message then it would
still remain in another.  You would need to write to each of them and
point each of them to the message.  And messages requesting deletion
do themselves create new postings.

And most importantly there is the Streisand effect.  Are you familiar
with it?

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

The very act of trying to suppress something calls attention to it.
I had not read your previous message before.  But now that you are
pointing to it of course I had to look it up and read it.  I would
never have seen it if you had not asked about it.  Usually it is
better to let sleeping dogs lie.  Otherwise attempts to suppress
information will only serve to call attention to it.

If you decide to pursue the action regardless then the place to write
to request this is address@hidden and ask them.  No one here has any
access for what you request.

Bob