Re: [Savannah-users] axiom-developer mailing list password

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 12:12:47 -0600

Hello Tim,

address@hidden wrote:
> I am trying to admin the axiom-* mailing lists.
> Mailman keeps sending "postings needs permissions" mailings.

Unfortunately Mailman does not provide a way for the list owner
address to avoid those postings.  Mailman unconditionally sends those
to the list owner address.

> I am trying to delete these postings.

I personally use procmail rules to discard them.

To stop your immediate pain I have changed the listowner password to
the listhelper team address.  That will of course send all of those
unwanted posting needs approval postings there where procmail will
discard them.  This does not affect your ability to maintain the
mailiing list in any way.

Here is an overview of the system in case you would like to read about
the anti-spam provided.

  https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ListHelperAntiSpam/

> Unfortunately no password I use, nor any password sent to me
> by the "forgot my password" button, works.

I will update the list owner password and send it to you by other means.

> I can't find a web page, faq, mailing list post, or doc entry
> that will allow me to reset my mailman password.

Mailman requires a password to update the password.  There isn't a
reset by email forgotten password function.

> Suggestions?

Normally you would send to the address@hidden email address to talk
to the humans administering the Mailman mailing lists.  Technically
the mailing lists are a separate function from Savannah.  I happen to
read both so it is okay.

Bob