Re: [Savannah-users] Where project releases in bug tracker come from?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Where project releases in bug tracker come from?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:12:58 -0700

Hello Andrei,

Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> You probably misunderstood. I do not ask where to get grub code (I am
> grub developer ... :), I ask where/how list of releases in bug tracker
> is maintained.

Then I am confused too.  What list are you referring to when you say:

> > > Specifically last release for grub is 2.02~beta1 while 2.02~beta2 is
> > > available for quite some time.

What list is that?  You say bug tracker but as far as I can see grub2
is using the savannah bug tracker and the savannah bug tracker does
not list releases at all but simply lists bugs.

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=grub

> Is list updated manually (in this case I failed to find interface to
> do it) or should they be picked up automatically (then something went
> wrong here)?

The only list of releases that I am aware of for grub2 is this:

  http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/

And this:

  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/grub/

There is also the source code in git:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=grub.git;a=summary

All of those are uploads from the maintainers.  If you make a release
and upload it then there it will be.

I am afraid we will need some more information in order to understand
what is being asked.

Bob