Re: [Savannah-users] Allowing non-fastforward pushes in git

From: Nik Nyby
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Allowing non-fastforward pushes in git
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 09:01:04 -0500

Bob Proulx <address@hidden> writes:
> First let me say that opening with that sentence is pretty scary when
> talking to curators of the archive.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking -- I should have worded this email better.

> I opened up fast forwards for that repository.  Go forth and non fast
> forward.  I discarded the announcement from the mailman queue for
> info-gnu so that there wouldn't be a rush against it until afterward.
> You can re-send the announcement again after getting the repository
> settled.

Thanks! I pushed the new repository, and the first commit in the new
history has a link to the bazaar repo with the rest of the history. Now
people can quickly clone this because they will only have to download
4.4MB.

You can now turn off fast-forwards for this repository -- this won't
need to happen again.

Thanks being mindful of the new announcement conflicting with this
change -- now that the repository is settled I'll resubmit that
announcement to info-gnu.