[Savannah-users] broken 'git clone ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/PKG.git'

From: Pavel Raiskup
Subject: [Savannah-users] broken 'git clone ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/PKG.git'
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 15:09:44 +0100

On Saturday 20 of February 2016 11:30:56 Bob Proulx wrote:
> The vcs system was suffering from a system overload.  Caused by a
> DDos?  Caused by an overload of normal usage?  It was impossible to
> tell.  The FSF admins were aware of the problem and were working to
> address the issue.  After an hour of tinkering the server became
> usable again.  I wish I could say it was some specific problem but in
> the end after working through multiple overload issues the overload
> stopped.  Upgrading the servers has been a long discussed topic.
>
> See the out of band status information page for up to the moment
> status information.
>
>   https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus
>
> It may not be obvious to people but all of the version control
> services (git, svn, cvs, hg, bzr, viewcvs, cgit, and so forth) all
> live on the same vcs server.  Therefore when the server is overloaded
> all vcs services are affected.

Thanks for the info.  This report might be related or not.  As I believe
this list is correct place to report issues, and it does not seem to be
mentioned on fsfstatus page ..

.. I'm unable to 'git clone git://' from savannah, ATM.  I tried several
packages, but unsuccessful.  It always goes like this:

  $ git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib.git
  Cloning into 'gnulib'...

  and the repository exists.

Clone over https/ssh still works, but the git:// is usually used for
git-submodules (so might be considered important).

Thanks, Pavel