Re: [Savannah-users] Savannah project => German law, "Impressum" (imprin

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Savannah project => German law, "Impressum" (imprint) necessary?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 23:43:49 +0200

Hi Dieter,

I'm not a lawyer myself, but your mail does raise a few "I think that
isn't right" flags¹. Please don't start an argument about this with me,
I'm really not a lawyer, just think this indicates you haven't consulted
one so far (and thus, I could simply and plainly be wrong). Since I
don't think this is the best forum for legal questions, however:

If the FSF has a lawyer that could advise you in German law, then that's
definitely the best solution to this. Otherwise, I'd strongly suggest
you look towards what other projects do (and I guess that's why you
wrote to this list in the first place). FSF Europe might be of
assistance, too.

Yours definitely wouldn't be the first FOSS project headed by a German
hosted outside Germany. I'm really not expecting you'd meet any trouble
hosting your project on Savannah. Again, I'm not a lawyer.

Best regards,
Marcus

¹ among those such things like the Telemediengesetz definitely not being
criminal code; there's no criminal prosecution, just civil