Re: [Savannah-users] SVN commit problems

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] SVN commit problems
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 20:40:32 -0700

Hi Steve,

> This time the commit worked.

Then I am sure this is a problem with the nfs lockd.  Rotating the
file out of the way causes the problem to follow the original file and
the new file works fine.  I have chased this problem before elsewhere
and am sure that if we were to double blind this by rotating the saved
off file back that the lock problem would return again.  This is a bug
that has been around for a while.

Interestingly enough the system was rebooted very recently for the
lastest security kernel upgrade.  Which I just mention because it
isn't a case of the system having been up for ages.  It was rebooted
just two days ago.

> Shall I still experiment with the test project?

Not necessary now.  Since it is working for your project.  But if it
had failed there then the test-project would have been a good
comparison.

I think things will be fine from here forward.  But if you encounter
the problem again please let us know and we will work the problem
again.

Bob