Re: [Savannah-users] update on dns problem for savannah

From: Jens Schleusener
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] update on dns problem for savannah
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:05:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi Ian,

There was a misconfiguration in the dnssec records. We are working on
fixing it, but it also should be resolved as dns caches expire. I'll
udpate if I have a better estimate of how long that will be. Most
nameservers do not have this issue, and if you want an immediate fix,
using 8.8.8.8, google's nameserver will probably fix it right
away. Sorry about that.

I think that the issue should be resolved by now due to cache time of 24
hours. If anyone has any problems, please let us know.

Thanks, the A record resolution of savannah.gnu.org works at least on my leased server again (although the "DNS error" status regarding savannah.gnu.org on http://dnsviz.net/d/savannah.gnu.org/dnssec/
seems still unchanged).

Jens