Re: [Savannah-users] Fwd: qemu-devel mailing list dropping certain email

From: Ian Kelling
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:24:32 -0400

Ian Kelling <address@hidden> writes:

> Bin Meng <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 8:13 AM Ian Kelling <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Bin,
>>>
>>> Bob is right, but I do check this list and I will figure out what went
>>> wrong tomorrow. It might help if you try sending the patch email to my
>>> email directly, address@hidden.
>>>

>> Thank you very much for your help.
>>
>> I just resent the v3 patch [20/28] and [26/28] directly to you and the
>> QEMU mailing lists, using the following git command:
>>
>> $ git send-email --to "Ian Kelling <address@hidden>" --to
>> "address@hidden" --to "address@hidden" --bcc
>> "my_another_email_address" <patch>
>>
>> I checked "my_another_email_address" and confirmed I received these 2
>> patches, but from the QEMU mailing list archive, looks they do not get
>> any luck arriving at the mailing lists again.
>>
>> Please take a look.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bin
>
> I figured out the issue, it got misclassified as spam. I've got to run,
> but I'll make a fix in about 2 hours and will message then or so. Bob,
> do you think we should just make lists.gnu.org have an overall lower
> spam bar?

In this case, it seems spamassassin misclassified the language of the
emails because of the code in them. I've seen this issue before. We have
a rule for bad language + freemail, I've lowered it a point.  Sometime
in the next month or so I'm going to dig into spamassassin and hopefully
make a better fix. I'm going to push through the missing emails now.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF