Re: Is it possible to authenticate with savannah, e.g. with ldap?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Is it possible to authenticate with savannah, e.g. with ldap?
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 14:16:36 -0600

Friedrich Beckmann wrote:
> I am member of the https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/pspp project. I
> am currently investigating how to run a continuous integration
> server for building the pspp software. One part of that is to allow
> the pspp project members to modify and control the build server,
> e.g. to trigger a new build.

Awesome!

> Is it possible to authenticate users via some savannah
> infrastructure? Is there for example an ldap server which I could
> contact from the build server?

This sounds like SSO single-sign-on service to me.

There is not currently any support for a SSO with Savannah.  That does
not mean that one could not be created.  The question has not been
asked before and no one has created the infrastructure for it
otherwise.

But how is this related to setting up a continuous integration server?

> Currently I am looking at buildbot. They have something to
> authenticate against github or gitlab or plain user/password. I
> would prefer to use the user/password from savannah.

What would this authentication be used for?

Bob