scim-user

[Scim-user] Phonetic input for Indic Languages like Tamil

From: R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar
Subject: [Scim-user] Phonetic input for Indic Languages like Tamil
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 15:34:47 +0800

Dear Folks,

I am just trying out SCIM using Skim as the frontend on my Kubuntu Dapper Linux
PC.

I am working with Indic scripts, specifically Tamil and Devanagari. The keyboard icon allows input either as Inscript or as phonetic input.

I am looking at phonetic input and would like to know where the documentation for that is. I have guessed some inputs and they have worked out right, but I have not been able to get input other letters. So, I need a table of letters and their input keystrokes.

FYI, the versions of scim-tables I am using come from the packages:

scim-modules-table_0.5.6-1build1_i386.deb
scim-tables-additional_0.5.6-1build1_all.deb

I would be grateful for any pointers you can give me. Please reply to my email address as I am not subscribed to the mailing list.

Thank you.

--Chandra
  02 Oct 06