screen-devel

[screen-devel] Debian pushing upstream... {2}

From: Jan Christoph Nordholz
Subject: [screen-devel] Debian pushing upstream... {2}
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 00:05:35 +0200

Hi,

>> * 20defmonitor

new version is attached. I had tried to fix the problem from the wrong
side... the initial monitoring state should depend on the ACLBIT of the
display user instead of the global w_monitor.
(The problem arises because 'defmonitor on' causes new windows to have
all their w_mon_notify bits set to 1 (up to maxusercount) - now even if
all attached users set their bit back to 0, there might be some 1s left
(because maxusercount is increased in steps of USER_CHUNK), so the global
w_monitor flag is never toggled to MON_OFF.

The "mon" part of the status information (^A i) should be modified accordingly
IMHO, getting its state from w_mon_notify instead of w_monitor. I'll add
that...

And one other issue: The documentation regarding '-q -ls' explicitly contra-
dicts the code... (screen.c:1061) patching that is trivial, but I need to know
which one is the desired behaviour. ;)

Regards,

Jan