screen-devel

[screen-devel] Patch: Renumbering Windows to Fill Gaps

From: Eric Garrido
Subject: [screen-devel] Patch: Renumbering Windows to Fill Gaps
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 16:52:22 -0500

screen-devel,

After running a single session of screen for a long time, I often find that I have several gaps in the numerical ordering of windows. Using :number is definitely feasible, but it takes a bit more effort than I'd care to contribute every time I want to make my windows contiguously numbered.

Attached is a patch against CVS HEAD to fill in the holes of the window numbering. It simply moves windows to lower positions until there are no holes left. Any [constructive] comments are welcome.

I understand that the maintainers of screen are relatively inactive. While it'd be cool to get this committed if it pleases others, I just want to post this in case someone else will find it useful.

Thanks,
Eric