screen-devel

[screen-devel] Re: screen maintainer?

From: Adam Lazur
Subject: [screen-devel] Re: screen maintainer?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:06:24 -0700

Micah Cowan (address@hidden) said:
> I also think it's worth starting discussions on consolidating the man
> page and the texinfo manual, which are separately-maintained manuals on
> GNU Screen, which translates to duplication of effort and opportunities
> for conflicting documentation.

I agree, 2 sets of documentation sucks.

I remember looking at this a coupla years back for the debian package.
There weren't any good solutions then (read: I was too lazy to write
one, and nobody else had what I wanted). There are a few projects that
maintain one or the other, and autogen the counterpart. I remember the
generated one always getting the short end of the stick quality wise.

The crusty old unix guy inside my head is screaming "DROP THE TEXINFO,
IT'S EVIL", but the gnu project probably disagrees ;)

--
Adam Lazur