screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Re: Load averages patch for HP-UX 11.11

From: Paul Ackersviller
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Re: Load averages patch for HP-UX 11.11
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:05:16 +0000

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 09:23:48AM -0600, Erik Falor wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 03:42:47AM +0000, Paul Ackersviller wrote:
> > > I've also fixed a few more build problems while I was at it.  On the
> > > HP-UX system I use at work, ./configure failed because it couldn't get
> > > sockets or fifos to work.  The problem is that some functions used by
> > > HP-UX's socket API is defined in sys/time.h instead of sys/select.h.
> > > In fact, HP-UX doesn't even have sys/select.h.  Through a combination
> > > of #ifdefs and #includes I was able to make it build.
> >
> > I never had any such issues with 4.0.{2,3}, at least not recently.
> > Perhaps I tweaked some stuff I've forgotten about.
>
> I've only had this problem with the latest development version of
> screen.

Yes, as I've already realized you're right.

> > > I've built and run this patch on a HP-UX 11.11 machine, a SunOS 5.10
> > > as well as a couple of linux boxes.
> >
> > I think I can try it out on an HP-UX 11.23 system as well.
>
> That would be great.  We're down to only one HP-UX machine at work,
> and it'll be phased out before long.  I appreciate anyone who can test
> this patch on other versions.

Can anyone tell me if there are specific autoconf requirements?
The 2.59 autoreconf I have on the HP box fails completely on the
screen sources.  With 2.63 on NetBSD I get the following.
autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows one to define a template
without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.