screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] [PULL REQUEST] "search" command, searches window tit

From: Sadrul H Chowdhury
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] [PULL REQUEST] "search" command, searches window titles
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 05:20:03 -0400

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Fernando Vezzosi <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
I find the "search" command quite useful, and have been using it for a
while now.  Please consider merging the 3c38d1ab commit from my tree.

Right now, 'select X' first tries X as the number of the window, if that fails, it tries to find a window that has 'X' as the prefix of the title. If that too fails, then we can add this 'substring' feature. I think that would be a better solution than having a different command for this. Opinions? (and patches (it would be in process.c:WindowByName)? ;-)  (sadly, I can't yet start working on this since my development box is currently not operational))

Cheers,
Sadrul