screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] need help with resize -p and -l

From: mrbrown8
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] need help with resize -p and -l
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:10:59 -0700

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:54:05 -0500 Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
<address@hidden> writes:
> * address@hidden had this to say on [10 Dec 2009, 15:50:29 -0700]:
> >

> > I'm working on rewriting the description of the resize command in
> the
> > manual. I have all of the behavior figured out except for the -p
> and -l
> > switches. I see that they're different from -h and -v in that they
> seem
> > to take split ordering into consideration. H stands for
> horizontal, v is
> > for vertical, but what does p and l stand for? Primary? Parent?
> Previous?
> > TIA
>
> -p stands for 'perpendicular', it seems. So if the current region is
> in a
> vertical split, it will [try to] resize the height, where by
> default, for
> a vertial split it will resize the width.
>
> -l stands for current 'layer', if you will, or the top-most split
> the
> current region is part of. [ask away if you need more
> clarification!]

Thank you. This helps out. I'll do some more experimentation and then try
to craft some easily digestable documentation. :)

> By the way, in case you haven't noticed, I added a 'dump' subcommand
> layout. So you can create complex split grids and save them in a
> screenrc
> so you don't have to continually use the commands to restore the
> layout.
> (And also, perhaps you can update the doc for that? :-) )

I did see that from git. I can create a separate patch to accomodate
that.

Speaking of patches, I have submitted a couple of others and have not
heard if they might be acceptable or not:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-devel/2009-12/msg00000.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-devel/2009-12/msg00001.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-devel/2009-12/msg00002.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-devel/2009-12/msg00003.html

TIA!

--
Curtis Brown
address@hidden

Banking
Click here to find the perfect banking opportunity!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=O-poazbWQ1RE4bCxBbGbXAAAJ1C_iG2rrITLrAL6goh1M9z9AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXeAAAAAA=