screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] need help with resize -p and -l

From: mrbrown8
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] need help with resize -p and -l
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:59:23 -0700

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:54:05 -0500 Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
<address@hidden> writes:

> -l stands for current 'layer', if you will, or the top-most split
> the
> current region is part of. [ask away if you need more
> clarification!]

Yea, let me ask about this. I have an idea of what I think layers are
about, but I will need clarification.

Is this an accurate statement? "When a split of a different direction is
created, a new layer is formed." This would help explain the behavior of
the 'focus next' command. 'Focus next' would go through all of the
regions in a particular direction unless that region had a layer in it,
in which case it would through all of the regions in that layer unless a
region in that layer had a layer in *it*, and so on. In the case of the
'resize -l', it would resize all of the regions in the layer of the
region that has the focus.

Am I on the right track? TIA!

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?28586     HTH

--