screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] screen refuses to launch with "screen number"

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] screen refuses to launch with "screen number"
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:45:01 -0500

* Christian Ebert had this to say on [18 Feb 2010, 17:09:55 +0100]:
> * Sadrul Habib Chowdhury on Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 10:38:19 -0500

> >> Once screen is running, yes. Does it work as _first_ rc command
> >> too? Not for me.
>
> See below.
>
> >> $ echo $STY
> >>
> >> $ screen 4 man man
> >>
> >> Then I get:

> > Oh, I don't believe that's supposed to work (in current or old versions).
>
> Sorry, I tried to replicate and simplify the following that I
> have in my screenrc:
>
> # startup of programs
> screen -t slrn 1 env TERMCAP= slrn
> screen 2 w3m -B
> screen 3 mutt
> screen 0
> screen 4 vim -c Calendar

Aha, now I see.

Yes, this seems to have been another bug introduced when the maximum
number of windows was made configurable. I have pushed a fix for this:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=screen.git;a=commitdiff;h=b7d33bdc3cc3d60cd23410372f908a8fb5b5a728

Thanks for reporting the bug!

Cheers.
Sadrul