screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #31770] v4.00.03 causes infinite loop

From: anonymous
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #31770] v4.00.03 causes infinite loop
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 11:50:21 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 4.0.2
           Fixed Release: None
         Planned Release: None
           Work Required: None

Details:

OK, its a user error but still should not be allowed to happen. Here is the
sequence:
Logging into a remote machine and starting screen
sharing an existing screen with -x of another user.
Wanting to show the other user what was on my own screen, and from within the
shared screen execute a -x on my original screen. This causes an infinite loop
and renders the machine useless until all screen instances get killed by the
OS (eventually). So useless you can't even ssh into it anymore.
This might be sorted in a later version but this is the version which is on
the yum repos for CentOS 5.5.
Thanks for listening.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31770>

  Message sent via/by Savannah