screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #45321] Visible content get messed up after window r

From: Sudaraka Wijesinghe
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #45321] Visible content get messed up after window resize
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:25:54 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: Cur Dev Sources
           Fixed Release: None
         Planned Release: None
           Work Required: None

Details:

With the recent release (4.3.0) when the terminal that is running screen
inside it is resized,what ever is visible in the window get all messed up.

I have attached few screen shots:

1.fullscreen-terminal.png - rights after I started screen and it show ls out
put correctly.

2. halfscreen-terminal.png - I open a second (GUI web browser) window next to
the terminal, and terminal is resized to half of the width before. what was
shown in the screen window is now misaligned.

3. expanded-terminal.png - I close the window (web browser) causing the
terminal to expand to fullscreen width, and screen window's output is now all
shifted to right.

I tracked down the issue on git source tree to commit
9dc8d7c2008c3c698c2e018c3ec123e6dd622f5e, which seem to have changed something
related with adjusting of the window width.

Please investigate this issue.

P.s.
I'm running Archlinux with i3wm is that's of any help.

File Attachments:

Date: Mon 15 Jun 2015 07:25:52 AM GMT  Name: fullscreen-terminal.png  Size:
211kB   By: sudaraka

<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=34220>