screen-devel

[screen-devel] Cleanup patch for screen.1

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [screen-devel] Cleanup patch for screen.1
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 09:54:09 -0500

This patch was made against 84092e (Sat Feb 6).  It cleans out all the purely
visual markup, replacing it with structural tags. I can make good DocBook-XML
from the patched markup.

I was as careful as I could be about preserving content exactly, but
someone who actually know the software should proofread the result. The most
likely place for me to have missed a detail or fat-fingered something
is in the synopses for the customization commands - turning all of those
into one-liners so they could be .TP tags was tricky.

One minor stylistic change I made is replacing the old-fashioned ()
enclosures on contributor email addresses with <>, modern usage. I
also deleted one alternate bang-path address that probably hasn't
worked since before 1995.