screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #47943] option to make screen resize on every termin

From: Rovanion Luckey
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #47943] option to make screen resize on every terminal resize with multiple clients are attached to the same screen.
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 11:51:58 +0000 (UTC)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: None
           Fixed Release: None
         Planned Release: None
           Work Required: None

Details:

I'd like to begin by thanking you all for the great work you do on GNU Screen,
a software which I'd be hard pressed to work/live without! But on to the
request:

When there's only one client attached to a screen, GNU screen resizes it's
size to match the attached clients terminal size whenever that terminal
changes size. But when a second client connects using screen -x this behaviour
stops and the screen size only ever changes on <prefixkey> F.

What I would like is an option to make GNU screen continue behaving like it
does with only client is connected - so that screen continues resizing it's
working area to that of the last resized terminal.

I've got my weechat in a screen on a server. I'm the only person using it and
I got multiple connections going from multiple computers at any point - but I,
the person, am only at one computer at a time, so whichever x-term I'm
currently at screen should adopt to, automatically.

Another option would be to have some key binding which allows a connected
client to take the role as the "primary" client to whom screen listens to
resize events from. What I want to get away from is the constant <prefixkey> F
presses that I'm currently sending my screen - it would be much more
convenient if screen would just follow me around so to speak.

So why don't I detach all other sessions whenever I reach another computer
with screen -rd? Well, sometimes I do. But it's also an inconvenience.

Thank you for taking your time reading this!

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47943>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/