screen-devel

[screen-devel] Best Practices in Multi shift Operations

From: Noma Nare
Subject: [screen-devel] Best Practices in Multi shift Operations
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 15:00:51 +0200

Dear Delegate

The Performance Company proudly invites you and all relevant parties to the Best Practices in Multi shift Operations Workshop scheduled to take place on the 5th, 6th & 7th of December 2016 at the Cedar Woods of Sandton Hotel & Conference Centre, Johannesburg.

COURSE OBJECTIVE:

Process industries are highly competitive. There are significant pressures to reduced costs whilst continuously improving the quality of service to customers.  In order to compete successfully, 24-hour operations must achieve the highest possible standards at all times. For a facility to operate safely and efficiently 24/7, it is necessary to apply shift working. However, a multiple-shift operation poses a challenge because of the potential for disconnects caused by the fact that the personnel are changing every few hours. This can result in a significantly increased risk of incidents together with operational problems such as reduced throughput and increased levels of waste. Operating multiple shifts can be like running several different companies at the same time. Each change of shift brings a new team of people with different skills, attitudes and objectives. Best Practices in Multi shift Operations is a one-of-a kind workshop that reveals how the world’s most successful companies manage multiple-shift and 24-hour operations to deliver world-class people and process performance.

Workshop Goals:

  • Understand the issues associated with 24/7 shift operation
  • Identify strategies to deal with the issues
  • Explore alternative shift schedules that reduce costs and improve job satisfaction
  • Learn what has worked - and what hasn’t - at other plants
  • Develop effective shift supervisors
  • Benchmark your performance against that of world-class facilities
  • Create an Action Plan for continuous improvement back at work

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?

Plant/operations professionals, shift supervisors and professionals from HR, Quality, Maintenance, Engineering, Training & Development. Logistics & Customer Service will receive excellent value.

Due to the high demand of this workshop, it is advisable to enrol now by completing the registration form herewith attached and fax it back to +27 86 568 1240 or email address@hidden

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any further assistance.

Warm Regards

Noma Nare

Project Coordinator

Tel: 011 656 0895

Fax: 086 568 1240

cid:image001.png@01D1FECB.BC1BCDD0

You are on our database to receive periodic updates on training. If you are not the correct contact person, or would like to update your details or wish to be removed from our list altogether, please let me know. Click Unsubscribe

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image