screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] GNU Screen v.4.5.0

From: Jürgen Weigert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] GNU Screen v.4.5.0
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 16:12:17 +0100

Great move forward, thanks to all contributors and thanks to Alex for making it happen ... and Alex for a fast push into Unstable ... and ... awesome!

cheers, JW-

Am 18.01.2017 15:33 schrieb "Axel Beckert" <address@hidden>:
Hi Alex,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 01:58:13AM +0100, Alex Naumov wrote:
> I’m proud to announce the release of GNU Screen v.4.5.0

Yay! And it was just in time before Debian's imminent freeze.

> Just one new feature: it is possible to specify logfile's name via
> command line parameter '-L' (default name stays screenlog.0).

Thanks for that summary. Since the only things which I feared after
reading the Git changelog were the code reformatting commits, I was
reliefed to see that most patches I apply for Debian still apply (or
became obsolete :-).

> As you probably noticed we were going to release 4.5 until Christmas.
> Unfortunately, we could not do it because of some internal GNU
> problems. I’m very apologies for that.

Given that I expect an low impact as mentioned before I have uploaded
it to Debian Unstable today.

It built fine everywhere so far (a few builds haven't started yet),
except on GNU/Hurd:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=screen

Seems as if our current fix for GNU/Hurd
(https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/screen.git/tree/debian/patches/61-default-PATH_MAX-if-undefined-for-hurd.patch)
needs to be expanded to screen.h, too.

I'll come up with that patch later today and will upload an
accordingly patched version of GNU Screen to Debian Unstable. If it
works, I'll forward it either to this list or savannah.

                Kind regards, Axel
--
/~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign                   | Axel Beckert
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)