screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Bug in rendering terminal application

From: Maarten van Malland
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Bug in rendering terminal application
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 22:31:55 +0200

I've been digging around myself regarding this bug, and it seems the
problem is slightly different from what I previously thought. In the
source code of that application there are some special characters
being used as text. In a normal utf-8 terminal this is displayed as:

𝗚𝗔𝝡𝗘 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥!

In ISO-8859-2 this is displayed as:

đ<9d><97><9a>đ<9d><97><94>đ<9d><9d>Ąđ<9d><97><98>
đ<9d><97>˘đ<9d><97>Šđ<9d><97><98>đ<9d><97>Ľ!"

However, in the master branch of Screen using utf-8 it is is displaying:

헚흡 헢험!

Well, that's weird! For some reason Screen interprets that code as
Korean characters. Funny thing is that google translates it back as
"Take a breath!"; that's exactly what I'm doing right now ;).