screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #25089] screen produces zombies

From: Vincent Lefèvre
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #25089] screen produces zombies
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 10:12:50 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #20, bug #25089 (project screen):

[comment #19 commentaire #19 :]
> I doubt that this will solve the case (completely) either because this issue
already happened in Debian 9 Stretch before I enabled libutempter support in
Debian in Debian 10 Buster.

OK, perhaps there are different causes. But I started to see this issue only
since Debian 10 buster (my Debian bug report was against 4.6.2-3+deb10u1).
IIRC, I had never seen it before. At least my patch solves the issue due to
libutempter (and the analysis was showing that libutempter was the cause).

Note also that AFAIK, there have never been similar bug reports concerning
Debian before Debian 10. Those who saw zombies earlier didn't necessarily run
Debian.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?25089>

  Message posté via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/