Re: cutting and pasting from vim to vim expands tabs

From: ippi
Subject: Re: cutting and pasting from vim to vim expands tabs
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 04:43:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sami.

--- Sami Samhuri <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think you are looking for :set paste and :set
> pastetoggle=".."

Though this is a great way to temporarily turn off
autoindent (thanks for the tip), it doesn't solve the
problem off having my tabs expanded out to spaces.

>From changing the tabstop value in the source file and
the destination file I have gathered that the
expansion from tabs to spaces occurs when the text is
copied rather than when it's pasted. I think this is
why I presumed it was a problem with my screen
settings rather than with vim.

ippi