Setting the logfile via -X

From: jason
Subject: Setting the logfile via -X
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:50:54 -0700

I'm using screen as a sort of remote control via -X and every once in a
while I'd like to tell screen to log to a new filename.

I tried this but it doesn't seem to do the trick...

  echo -e "^A:log off\n^A:logfile foo.log\n^A:log on" > /tmp/.commands
  screen -X readbuf /tmp/.commands
  screen -X paste .

Regards,
Jason

p.s. I guess I'll just move and zero the log file ten seconds after the
end of each "period", but I still think it might be nice to control the
configuration of an existing screen from outside...