Re: [screen] Password not working

From: Quasar Jarosz
Subject: Re: [screen] Password not working
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:09:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Quasar Jarosz wrote:

> I beleive this was discussed before, but since i wasn't having the problem
> at that point, i don't think i read the solution.
>
> My screen has stopped accepting my account password to unlock when locked.
> Was a solution to this problem ever found?
> I can give any other info you may nead - but i don't know what it would be
> at this point.
>
> It just started happening one day. Possibly after an apt-get upgrade.
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> -Quasar

Well, replying to myself here, since no one else has.
I've read through most of the archives for this list (and the old list),
and have found only one reference to this problem, but it was aparntly
never solved.

The ideas that were given were to check if you had a 'password' (crypted
password) set in your .screenrc, which i do not. I set one to see what
would happen - and as the man page says, it is a password that is now
required to reattach to screen, however i still cannot unlock it when
locked (C-a C-x, default binding).

I enter my password, and is not accepted.

Does anyone have any ideas?

This just started all-of-the-sudden. It used to work fine.
Oh, and the other person mentioned it still working with the root account
- i checked, and this IS the case for me too. It works fine for root, just
not for me, or any other users.

-Quasar