Re: GUI frontend for GNU screen?

From: Raymond Page
Subject: Re: GUI frontend for GNU screen?
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:00:14 -0400

David Cannings wrote:
On Monday 09 August 2004 21:36, Adam Monsen wrote:

On 9 Aug 2004 08:20:49 -0000, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:

I think what you're looking for is the 'hardstatus' or 'caption'.
You have to put something in your ~/.screenrc file to set it up.
There are examples in the man page if you RTFM, or mine looks like
this (all one line):
hardstatus alwayslastline "%{wk}%?%-Lw%?%{bw}%n*%f
%t%?(%u)%?%{wk}%?%+Lw %= %{mk}@ %H %{ck}%Y%{wk}-%{ck}%m%{wk}-%{ck}%d
%{yk}%D %{gk}%c"

This is cool, and very useful! Thanks. Hmm... when I add this to my
~/.screenrc and I'm using an xterm, the window no longer has a useful
title like '[screen 0: bash] address@hidden'. Any idea how to have both
the status line as the last line in the terminal, and also the xterm
window title?

Try this post from the other week:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2004-08/msg00005.html

It answered my question perfectly.