Re: Screen windows locking

From: Suso Banderas
Subject: Re: Screen windows locking
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:35:21 +0000

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 05:23:04PM GMT

> Are you using multi-attach?

  Why yes, yes I am.  In fact, I use it almost exclusively and from
multiple machines at once.

> I've run into this problem before when one of my multi-attached displays
> stops accepting output.  (In my case, it's usually from an ssh session
> that died without notifying one of the endpoints.  The OS keeps trying to
> send data, and eventually the buffer fills up and further writes block.)
> I usually have to wait until the ssh session times out and screen is
> firmly told that nor more data will be accepted to that display.

  I was wondering if that might be causing the problem too, but often
what I do is ssh from hostA to a server and then run multiple screen windows
on it and then ssh from hostB to the same server, run screen -x and then
ssh from hostA to hostB for some reason.  Even while all my ssh
connections are functioning fine, it still locks up.  So I figured it
might be something else.

> I recently found screen's 'nonblock' command.  It looks like turning this
> on will help me out.

  GREAT!  I'll see if that works for me too.  Thanks.

--
Suso Banderas
address@hidden