Re: hardstatus line / startup foo

From: cga
Subject: Re: hardstatus line / startup foo
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:18:25 -0500

Tony Perrie wrote:

Is there a way to make different color'd status lines and/or source
different .bashrc files when I create a new screen?

Like screen 0 has a white status line, screen 1 is blue and screen0 sources .bashrc0, etc...

Or should I just create a mega startup script that does all this? If this is possible, do you guys have an example of how do this?

Tony
--

just started using screen and while roaming the list's archive I found some interesting hstatus customizations.

though it's not a 100% match this one may give you a starting point:

hardstatus alwayslastline "%{wk}%?%-Lw%?%{bw}%n*%f %t%?(%u)%?%{wk}%?%+Lw%= %{mk}@ %H %{ck}%Y%{wk}-%{ck}%m%{wk}-%{ck}%d %{yk}%D %{gk}%c"

stuck this in my ~/.screenrc and it displays some useful stuff in pretty colors and w/ a reference to the screen number (0, 1, 2..)

then you'd have to study the man page to figure out how it works.

This - also from the archive - may also be of interest:

http://www.eterm.org/pics/ss/shot_cyborg_escreen.jpg