Re: Finding screen documentation on-line

From: Christopher rasch
Subject: Re: Finding screen documentation on-line
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:47:09 -0500

Hi,

I've collected some screen tutorials at my del.icio.us:

http://del.icio.us/crasch/screen

I'm curious why the old screen yahoo group was shut down and the archives made inaccessible?

Chris

On Dec 19, 2004, at 10:44 AM, Andrew Malcolmson wrote:

I love screen and would like to recommend it to others but I can't find
anywhere on the Web where it's documented.  The page with the screen
manual at www.guckes.net has been 'Access Forbidden' for ages, the
Savannah Project page is out of date and has no links to documentation
anyway, and GNU Project page 'More Information' links only to this list
and to the defunct Yahoo Group.  The only sources of information left
are the docs in /usr/share/doc/screen, which are a start but not so
newbie friendly and don't include the manual and the irc channel.

I must be missing something.