Re: Automatic title-ing in screen

From: Jeremy Chadwick
Subject: Re: Automatic title-ing in screen
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:19:36 -0800

Taken from the manpage:

Interactively,    there    is    the    title-string
escape-sequence (<esc>kname<esc>\)  and the "title"
command (C-a A).  The former can be

Basically, put the following sequence of characters in your prompt:

<Escape>kMyWindowTitle<Escape>

For sh/bash: export PS1='\[\033kMyWindowTitle\[\033> '

...should work.  Don't know, since I haven't tested it.  :P

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |