Re: (no subject)

From: Brian Mathis
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:52:33 -0500

A simple thing I'd like to see is an "include" directive in screenrc
files.  I'd like to be able to put site-specific stuff in there without
having to edit the screenrc (much).  if-then structures would be even
better.

I typically use different colors in screen for different machines/sites.
 It makes it really easy to keep track which terminal you're looking at.

Michael Garriss wrote:
screen has greatly improved my productivity at work and at home. My hat is off to the developers and all the other contributers to this project.

I'm wondering about the future of screen. What is planned for 4.1 or 5.0? I'm an experienced C++ (plus some C) programmer, I would love to be able to help out. I'm trying to figure out where all the screen gurus hang out. So far I have:

https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/screen/
http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/

irc.freenode.net  #screen

I'm starting a list of feature requests that I would like to have. Does such a list exist for the public to contribute to?

--
Michael Garriss
Senior Software Engineer