screen garbles output with centericq

From: webbie-h
Subject: screen garbles output with centericq
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:26:12 +0100 (CET)

Hello

I have a very strange problem when running centericq within a screen.
If i start centericq without a screen everything is fine (no colours tho,
vt100 emulation) but when i start it within a screen a number of problems
occur.

1: Everything is in ascii, as if i was running centericq with parameter -a
2: It doesnt display Swedish characters such as รถ
3: Output is all messed up and columns arent working

Redrawing it with Ctrl+L does not help and it works fine without a screen
so it must be something in how screen passes information on, or something.
The thing is that i just upgraded to SuSE 9.2 from 9.0, in 9.0 everything
was working fine. I tried changing to old versions of screen, termcap and
ncurses without any luck.

Oh, if i change terminal emulation in SecureCRT to "linux" i can run
centericq inside a screen with no garble, but it does not show the Swedish
characters as vt100 does and, everything is in ascii. If i change back to
vt100, all garble.

Any suggestions? Everyone i turn to doesnt seem to have a clue. ;/

- Per