Re: -X bug?

From: Frederik Eaton
Subject: Re: -X bug?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:24:47 -0700

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 01:56:50PM +0200, Juergen Weigert wrote:
> On Apr 06, 05 10:27:03 -0700, Frederik Eaton wrote:
> > OK, just tested and for me 'next' works if the session is attached
> > somewhere, but not if it is detached. Did you try it with the test
> > session detached?
>
> True. '-X next' has no effect on a detached session.
> Was that any different with earlier versions?

I believe it was, in 3.9.15. But is there a reason why the behavior
should be different depending on whether or not the session is
attached somewhere else? If you do

1. attach
2. -X next
3. detach
4. attach

... then the effect of the 'next' command is still visible on step 4.
But if you switch steps 2 and 3 there is no effect. I don't think that
is desirable.

Frederik

--
http://ofb.net/~frederik/