Re: [monitoring-like] would like to be warned when I have mail (fetchmai

From: Gerhard Siegesmund
Subject: Re: [monitoring-like] would like to be warned when I have mail (fetchmail -c)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:26:33 +0200

Hello Michael

> Hmm, the process that writes to screen should terminate with an error
> if screen is no longer running. It's basically the same as if you
> run "script | less" and quit the pager.
> Du you check the exit status of your commands?

Mhm. There is not much to check. The script basically looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

while true; do
  call_command_to_get something (e.g. fetchmail -c)
  echo something
  sleep some time
done

So I have an endless loop which regulary gets the new status. In
screenrc I put the following line

backtick 1 0 0 my_script.sh

and put the backtick into the statusline.

Now when I start screen my script is started. Everything works great.
But after ending screen the script still lives on. Where did I miss
something?

--
cu
  --== Jerri ==--