Re: Using PuTTY and automatic clipboard pasting app

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: Re: Using PuTTY and automatic clipboard pasting app
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:47:54 -0500

On 10/17/05, Jesper Forsberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> The application I'm using is copying a string to the clipboard, and
> pastes this into the active window. When this is done, the output I
> get in screen is just one single character. The '0' character,
> otherwise known as a zero. To verify that this is a screen related
> problem, I've tried detaching screen - pasted again, and the output
> looked just the way it should. No zero, opposed to before.

What are you using for your screen escape sequence?  If you use a
non-meta keypress, it uses those as a literal.  For instance, I use
"escape \\\\" for my control character (I just like it that way), so
if I paste something like 'printf("%s\n",foo);' then screen sees the
\n as a (under default keybindings) C-a,n.

Do you use anything which could be mucking that up?  Can you provide a
sample of the exact text being pasted?