log write only

From: screen-users
Subject: log write only
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:40:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi folks,

In what is seemingly the holy grail of Unixish file permissions, I'd like
to allow append only to the user's logs.  I see that not only is there no
screenrc setting for logfile mask or permissions, but screen is smart
enough to create a new file handle to the filename when the filename is
removed by another process.  The latter makes it quite difficult to "set
and forget" with a tricky chmod or ACL.  I'm wondering if and how others
have attacked this problem.

I could start hacking screen to create the file as a different user, allow
the GID of the first user to write, and then use the GID sticky bit to
prevent removal.

But are there any other, easier ideas?  I'm on HP-UX for now, and will be
moving to SuSE Linux in the forseeable future.

Thanks much,
Judd Maltin