Re: starting screen with automatically openend a couple of windows

From: Buddy Burden
Subject: Re: starting screen with automatically openend a couple of windows
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:26:15 -0500

Folkert,

I would like to create a script which starts screen with a couple of
windows opened by default.

e.g.:
screen 0: ./m
screen 1: ssh address@hidden 'mutt'
screen 2: ssh address@hidden 'fi'
screen 3: mutella
screen 4: centericq
screen 5: [just a prompt]
screen 6: ssh address@hidden
screen 7: su
etc.

how? :-)

Just add those to your .screenrc; that's what I do.  Here's the top of the
bottom of my .screenrc:

screen -t base
screen -t caffeine ssh caffeine
screen -t code
    stuff "vcshell Sphorb\015"
screen -t emerge sudo su -

I use the -t so all my windows can have names. The stuff command is also useful, as you see here (the \015 is the equivalent of enter). The ones with no command listed just end up as shell prompts. My .screenrc goes on like this for 45 more lines ( <g> ), but I think this illustrates the idea.

                -- Buddy