Problems with Swedish chars, Irssi and newer versions of screen (works f

From: Dan
Subject: Problems with Swedish chars, Irssi and newer versions of screen (works fine with 3.09.15)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:09:00 +0100

Hi!

When I use screen 4.x with irssi the swedish letters åäö always gets garbeld in my terminal. If i use the default LANG en_US.UTF-8 the chars will be in utf8 even
though irssi should translate it to latin1. When I set the LANG to sv_SE it shows up as crap (1/2%#¤)"=) in my terminal but displays correctly for other users.

If I start an old version of screen everything works fine and it also works fine if I dont use screen.

Dont know if this is a screen problem or not but I would be greatful for any hint towards a solution

Regards Dan